View an interactive online map showing campgrounds in the US, with links to reviews and more information.
About Campground Map
Years ago, the best way to find a campground near a destination you were interested in visiting was to look in campground directories. This approach had numerous shortcomings. The directories were often limited, not showing everything that was available in an area (such as state parks, army corps, and other public parks) due to their advertising model. The directories also gave biased ratings, again based on advertising, which didn't give a fair view of the quality of one campground versus another. But the biggest shortcoming I found was that it was hard to find all campgrounds in a given area. Since they were listed by city or town, you might miss a great campground in a nearby town that is still close to your destination. Given this, I decided to try two things. First I scoured the internet for all the public and commercial campgrounds I could find, resulting in a more complete list that also gave equal footing to public campgrounds. Next, I combined this data with Google Maps, so that it would be much easier to see where campgrounds were located in relation to each other, and also to a given destination. I also included links to more information about the campground as well as unbiased reviews.
I will admit that some of the data used in these maps hasn't been updated in a while. But the good news is that campgrounds don't change much. The stuff that does change are things like website addresses, etc. Nonetheless, I've been investing a good bit of time lately updating the campground data behind the app. I've added public campgrounds in Canada, and updated every state park campground in the US. And I plan on continuing to make updates like this until every campground in the app is verified and updated. So be sure to keep checking back, or subscribe to my mailing list to be notified of future updates. If you come across any errors in the campgrounds shown on the map, or know of any that are missing, please let me know by either clicking the Report Issue link in the campground's info popup, or clicking the Add Campground button in the top right of the app.
How to use Campground Map
Zoom in on the map to an area you are interested in. Campgrounds will not be displayed until you zoom in close enough. You can zoom in using any of the following methods:
- Double click on the map, use the mouse scroll wheel, or click the add Zoom In button on the map.
- Click the search Search toolbar button or menu item and enter an address, city and state, or zip code and press enter to see campgrounds in that area.
- Click the gps_fixed My Location toolbar button or menu item to see campgrounds near your current location. Note that your browser will ask you for permission to share your location with this website.
Click on a pin for more information about the campground. You can perform the following actions from the campground information popup:
Commercial campground Public campground
- Click on the campground's directions address to get directions to the campground.
- Click on the campground's local_phone phone number to call them.
- Click on the campground's public website to visit the site.
- Click on the campground's email email to send them an email.
- Click on the rate_review Reviews button to view reviews of the campground.
Click on the report Report Issue button to report any issues with this
- Correct any information that is wrong.
- Drag the pin on the map to the correct location of the campground if it is wrong.
- Finish by clicking Report.
Icon Action Description filter_alt Filter Filter the campgrounds shown on the map. Only the selected types will be shown.
If you are wondering why only some types of campgrounds are filterable, it is because the information for these has recently been updated and should be very accurate. Others have not been updated in a while and may be less accurate, and as such are not included in the individual filters.
share Share Map Share your current map view with others. add_location Add Campground Add a campground to the map.
- Enter any and all information you know about the campground in the dialog. Leave any information you don't know blank.
- Click Next.
- Drag the pin on the map to show the exact location of the campground if the location shown is incorrect.
- Finish by clicking Add.
help About / Help View this page again.
Feedback on Campground Map
I value your feedback! Contact me with any issues you find, or any suggestions you may have to improve this app. Thank you in advance for your help!
Get started with Campground Map
To get started with Campground Map, click the View Map button below.